Passionate about Making More of a Difference with Your Career?
Whether you want to change careers or search for a new position, you are embarking on a career journey.
Every career journey follows a certain path.
The length of time in each phase may vary,
but walking through the phases in a particular order...
- Gives you clarity
- Points you to the right action at the right time which
saves you time, energy, and frustration
- Allows you to build momentum consistently over time
- Makes you shine in every conversation you have--
with networking contacts, recruiters, and hiring managers
STEP 1: Take a quick moment to familiarize yourself with the career jorney in the diagram to the right. See if you get an intuitive sense of where you are on the map.
STEP 2: Scroll down to review a brief overview of the three services we provide that match key phases of your journey.
Uncover and define the focus of your next career move.
Whether you are exploring a new career, upleveling the career you have, or identifying the target position for your job search, we can guide you in creating a clear, concise, and compelling clarity about your goal.
With a clear understanding of your target, you'll have more success in your career transition or your job search.
- You'll turn the corner from confusion to clarity and get into action!
- Your contacts will understand what you are looking for...and be able to point you toward the best referrals, resources, and opportunities.
- Hiring managers will be drawn to your confidence, clarity, and commitment.
- You will stand out from your peers who don't have the clarity you do.
We offer two programs that help people define their career focus.
- One for those changing careers
- One for those searching for a job
Prepare Take strategic steps to prepare yourself for your new role.
After you identify a clear focus for your new career, your next step is to prepare for that position to ensure you are seen as a viable candidate.
- Researching your new field to understand how it's structured and what's important to those in the field
- Developing a network in your new field
- Learning from people who know about your new field to get information about local, current, and insider trends
- Engaging in your industry strategically to build your resume.
- Gaining relevant knowledge through school, self-learning, mentoring
- Building relevant experience that fills in gaps in your resume and connects that dots between your past work experience and your target work.
This phase is more involved when you are making a transition to a new field.
Use the most effective strategies to land your next position.
When you are ready to start your search, be sure to handle both phases of your job search.
Preparing for Your Search
- Verifying that you are targeting the best position.
- Creating your communications package
- Developing a picture of the kinds of organizations you want to work in.
Activating Your Search
When your foundation is in place:
- Reach out to your contacts to learn more about your target companies and discover openings.
- Choose the most effective job search strategies for your industry and your search. (Hint: Relying on online job boards is NOT you best strategy.)
- Learn how to respond most effectively to inquiries and opportunities
- Prepare yourself for interviews
- Negotiate your job offer
We invite you to request a Complimentary Strategy Consultation
to discover your best path forward.
We find that the best way to introduce you to our work is to have a personal conversation with you.
In this one-on-one conversation we talk about...
- Where you are now
- Where you want to be
- When you want to get there
- And then together we'll look at your best path to reach your goal. At this point we will share the resources and support options that best match time horizon, budget, and style. We have a variety of eBooks, self-guided workshops, and coaching programs to pull from to provide you with the support you need to make the most progress in the most cost-effective way.
After completing a short questionnaire, you'll receive an email with a link to our online calendar.
Then you'll set up your strategy consultation at a time that works best for you.